In order to create a new user in SSO, you firstly have to log into your instance. Once logged - please go to the upper right corner, press on the user icon and go to the "Profile" section.
Once there, press "Accounts" on the top of the page. Note! If you don't see the Accounts button - please contact support team and share your email address or username to provide access. On this page you will see the search, App groups, and existing accounts with the permissions these users have.
Press on the "New account" button. You will see the list of fields that should be filled in.
- Username: can be the email address of the new user or the specific username you want to grant the person with;
- Email address: be attentive and don't leave gaps before and after the email address;
- Mobile: not an obligatory field;
- First name;
- Last name;
- Locate: mainly this field is set to "English", but you may change it depending on your needs;
- Original enterprise: an enterprise the user needs an access to. Note! There can be a parent and a child enterprise. For instance, sandsiv is a parent enterprise, but ---cinderella is a child one. When you are selecting a parent enterprise, the user will get an access to all the child ones with the same log in details. If you need the user to have an access to one specific enterprise - just select it twice in the "original enterprise" and an "enterprise" fields. If you need to give an access to the set of enterprises linked to a parent one - select a parent (sandsiv in the example) for the "original enterprise" and cinderella (current active section, a child enterprise) in the "enterprise" field.
- Enterprise: a current active section that the user will have an access to, select an enterprise the user needs an access to;
- Enterprise hub domain: should be set as default user enterprise hub domain;
- Is active: don't switch it, the user should be active;
- App groups: the selection of the app groups will let the user see various tabs in the system. Example: the user should only see Visual tab and should not edit it - "Role_Visual_Read"; the user should have an access to Mine tab - "Mine" role should be selected in this case. Note! You may add various roles for one Client, to do so - please hold Ctrl and press on several roles to add them. More about the app groups and the access can be found in the Roles and Permissions article.
Press "Update" button and the user will be created, while the onboarding email will be sent to him/her.
- Enterprise specific groups: once the user is added, you may add them into the specific groups by searching the user by the email/name/username, pressing "Edit user" on the right corner in the "Actions" line and selecting the groups you will see in the enterprise specific groups field. Press "Update" after.
Actions line gives you a possibility to edit a user, send a password reminder email and delete a user.
Note: While deleting a user, you should also delete his/her account from Zendesk (press on the user profile and select the "Delete" option on the right side near the "New ticket" button. Important: we don't delete users on our own, it should be only a request from the Client.)