VoC Hub and SandSIV Support Center are SaaS (software as a service) applications that run in a Web browser.
There is an important difference between two parts of VoC Hub:
- VoC Hub back end is accessed by company employees where they can add/change/modify surveys and access results of surveys.
- VoC Hub front end is accessed by end users who are responding to the surveys.
Supported Desktop Browsers For Back End Usage
The backend of the VoC Hub supports the current and prior major stable release of Chrome and Firefox.
This means that if you use a browser or a version of that browser other than those listed below, we cannot guarantee that you can use all features or will even be able to access the back end at all.
Supported Desktop Browsers For Front End Usage
We recommend and officially support the current and prior major release of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on a rolling basis.
Important notes about Internet Explorer support:
- Microsoft ended support for older versions of Internet Explorer on January 12th, 2016
- Zendesk will no longer support Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10 from April 11th 2016
|Google Chrome||Firefox||Safari||Microsoft Edge||Internet Explorer|
Minimum Requirements For Mobile Browsers
You can access VoC Hub back end and SandSIV Support Center from a mobile device.
Here are the mobile browsers that are supported by our Support Center:
- iOS 6 and higher
- Android 4 and higher
- Chrome Mobile for Android: latest two versions
VoC Hub should work on devices with touch input, however, such scenario is not officially supported.
For VoC Hub front end, mobile browser support depends on whether the mobile layout is turned on in the survey settings and the mobile device's browser is set to request mobile versions of websites. Otherwise, a desktop version of the survey will be delivered to the end user.