In VoC Feedback, it is possible to invite customers to a DIGI channel survey via SMS or WEB channel. In this case, SMS/WEB channel is called an "invitation channel", and DIGI is called a "response channel".
When a customer gets invited to a DIGI channel survey via SMS or WEB channels, the invite itself will look like an SMS with the link to a DIGI survey or as an email in case WEB channel is selected as invite.
Invitation to DIGI via SMS channel.
For inviting a customer to a DIGI Channel survey via SMS, the following conditions should be met:
- Both SMS and DIGI channel surveys belong to the same survey group.
- DIGI channel survey is active.
- SMS survey settings is set up properly:
- The Invitation Settings in Survey Settings -> Channel Specific in SMS channel is set to "Send invitation";
- In import file, the
ADDRESSfield for a customer that should be invited to a DIGI survey via SMS is populated with the mobile number the invite should be sent to.
- For import files that contain SURVEY_ID column, this column should be populated with the DIGI channel Survey ID.
- For regular imports, the file should be imported to the DIGI survey.
- All other SMS channel survey settings should be configured properly.
Let's look at the following example. There is a survey group Support Tickets Feedback, that contains SMS (Survey ID: 224) and DIGI (Survey ID: 160) surveys. Both channels are active and are configured properly.
With the import file, that contains the following records:
The customer user001 with the ADDRESS +442071838750 will be imported to DIGI channel (SURVEY_ID: 160) and will receive the invitation via SMS, because mobile number is set as an ADDRESS for invitation.
Invitation to DIGI via WEB channel.
For inviting a customer to a DIGI Channel survey via WEB, the following conditions should be met:
- Both WEB and DIGI channel surveys should belong to the same survey group.
- Both WEB and DIGI channel surveys should be active.
- WEB channel Invitation email template should be configured properly.
- In import file, the
ADDRESSfield for a customer that should be invited to a DIGI survey via WEB should be populated with the email address the invite should be sent to.
- For "without survey" imports, the Survey column in import file should be populated with the DIGI channel Survey ID.
- For regular imports, the file should be imported to the DIGI channel of a survey group.
- All WEB channel survey settings should be configured properly.
- WEB channel survey must contain at least one question.
For example, the aforementioned survey group Support Tickets Feedback can be used. Apart from the configured and active DIGI channel survey (Survey ID: 160), it contains WEB channel survey (Survey ID:223), which is also active and has a proper invitation email.
With the import file below:
the customer user002 with email address email@example.com will be invited to DIGI Channel (DIGI Survey ID is used in the Survey column) and will receive email configured in WEB Channel Language Settings -> Invitation email as an invitation.