This feature gives us more flexible way to manage configurable questions in the platform, selecting complex “multilevel” list of possible answers.
We need to give the possibility to a customer to select a location in a few steps, by selecting region, then province and then specific city. So, the possible list of next option to select is defined by the value selected on the previous step. Next area becomes active with a list of values after the previous area was selected and it can be modified at any step.
How to create a file with values that will be shown in the list:
- Create a CSV file in specified format that defines the list of values and dependencies between it.
Note! For surveys on different languages there should be different files if the client needs to show selectable values differently in another language.
- Publish this CSV in “static files” (media) in the Feedback platform.
- In the settings of a configurable question configure one possible answer and use the pattern of column name and the link to published file as settings for this answer.
Example of the file format:
Be attentive with the dilimeter, it should be a comma (,)
Example of the survey settings:
Be attentive with the capital letters, it's Livello in "Answers", not livello.
“Livello” in this example is the name pattern for columns that contain values that need to be saved.
If customer changes value on topper level, all selected values on level below reset and customer needs to select it again.
- The most important limitation is that all information will be saved as an answer to one question, in one column, and there will be no possibility to “separate” answers given on different levels.
- It is possible to filter by specific values on different levels, but there will be no possibility to visualise in one chart aggregated information grouped by values on some level (i.e., for example, show in one chart NPS score bars for every region).
If the question is marked as “required”, the customer can select only the top level value and don’t select others - this answer will be accepted. There is no “minimum” number of levels that a customer must select so that this answer would be accepted.
- No format validation is available. The file must be formatted as on example.